Operating within an overall policy of providing short to medium-term finance, Standard Bank will consider proposals for secured facilities on the terms below. Our locally managed credit process means that communication lines are short, allowing us to provide speedy responses, and we pride ourselves on our ability to provide flexible, tailored solutions to a wide variety of borrowers. Whilst loans can be made available for many purposes and structured appropriately, the main interest currently is in property and investment portfolio backed facilities.
What does it offer you?
Loans secured against UK Residential and Commercial Property
- To assist with the acquisition of a property or for equity release.
- Security - First legal charge over residential or commercial property situated in the UK. Where the borrower is a company or a trust the Bank will ordinarily seek recourse by way of a personal guarantee from the ultimate beneficial owner or principal, as applicable. The requirement for a personal guarantee can exceptionally be waived however a higher interest rate may then apply.
- Minimum facility - £1,000,000 or the currency equivalent.
- Term - 3 to 5 years (terms up to 10 years may be considered − please enquire).
- Repayment - Interest only or amortising.
Loans secured against Managed Investment Portfolios
- For leveraging purposes or equity release.
- Security - First legal charge over an investment portfolio managed on a discretionary basis by Standard Bank International Investments Limited (or an external investment manager subject to the Bank having custody of the assets).
- Minimum facility: £1,000,000 or the currency equivalent.
- Term - 1 to 3 years.
- Interest only.