Equipping yourself with skills and knowledge is necessary to navigate within the complex world we live in today. Tertiary education has thus become an imperative to further one’s career. We have developed a unique product to enable prospective students to finance their studies, based on their specific needs, helping them to focus on the task at hand – their studies. Our financing options are designed for full-time and part-time students studying at accredited tertiary institutions, at low interest rates and attractive repayment terms
Who may apply?
Students must study at an institution that is accredited with NQA or SAQA for a:
- Graduate Degree
- Post Graduate degree or Diploma
- Students who do not have a senior certificate and are studying towards a technical qualification at a Further Education and Training Institute (FET) are also to be considered for a student loan
- Fees, books, equipment and accommodation
- Loans for accommodation will only be granted to full-time students who are living on campus
- Minimum age 18 years and maximum age 65 years
- Qualifying amount is subject to affordability and a healthy credit record for both student and surety.
- Institution to be accreditation from NQA or SAQA
- Identity documents
- Guardian’s Identity Document if the student is under 18 and not legally emancipated
- An official copy if the latest results (These must be the original results, internet copies are not acceptable)
- Proof of Registration
- Proof of cost, that is, fees, books, equipment and/or accommodation.
Note: Finance for accommodation is only available to full time students not living with their parents.
- Proof of residential address
- Proof of Income , for example a salary advice/payslip or IRP5 for the current tax year
- Financial assessment: Income and Expenditure statement for student loans
- Note: Details of all suretyship /guarantor commitments must be reflected under contingent liabilities
- Last six month’s bank statements from current bankers (only if part time students/surety does not have a transaction account with SBN)
- Competitive interest rates to apply* Terms and conditions to apply
- Loan Protection plan cover available to settled outstanding amount of the loan for both student and guarantor.* Terms and Conditions apply
Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch for more information and to apply for a student loan