Vehicle and asset finance
Our Vehicle and Asset Finance facility provides short term funding to purchase moveable assets for your Personal or Business use, from the smallest motor vehicle up to the largest yellow goods machinery. These include motor vehicles, motor cycles, caravans, commercial vehicles and yellow goods. We can also finance electronic devices such as laptops, furniture, cellphones as well as tablets. We offer competitive and flexible options
What does it offer me?
- Assets may be financed for up to a maximum of 60 months. *Terms and conditions
- New or used assets may be financed
- 10% Deposit requirement *Terms and Conditions apply.
- Residual Value - *Terms and Conditions apply.
- Comprehensive Insurance available through Standard Insurance Brokers
- Credit Life Insurance available
- Mechanical breakdown insurance (Motorite) available
- Dentsure insurance available
- Holiday periods available. *terms and conditions apply
Motor insurance and Top-up insurance
What is Motor Insurance and Top-up insurance?
Comprehensive motor insurance provides you with insurance cover on your motor vehicle. Top-up insurance supplement your comprehensive motor insurance and removes the risk of shortfall and/violation of your comprehensive policy as well as deposit or excess protector (this is a requirement for all non-Namibians as it protects the bank against the risk of absconsion)
Who can have it?
If you qualify for vehicle or asset finance, you qualify for insurance
How do they work for you?
- We will obtain a number of quotes from various insurance companies and offer you the best one.
- You pay your reasonable monthly premiums by debit order, or as part of your vehicle and asset finance instalment
Comprehensive Motor Insurance
This policy covers you against theft, loss, damage, malicious damage, liability to third parties and riot. If your vehicle is financed, you are obliged to have this cover
- This removes the risk of shortfall and/violation of your comprehensive policy
- It is an excess protector that pays your underlying excess of 15% of the market value of the vehicle or a maximum of N$50 000, whichever is less
- It supplements your comprehensive motor insurance and covers you for unintentional non-compliance with conditions of that policy, such as
- Non-payment of a single monthly premium – provided you have paid for three months before the unpaid month
- A credit shortfall after a total loss, excluding any vehicle or asset finance arrears
- Reasonable premiums are paid monthly or annually and are included in your finance agreement
- Policy renewable annually
Automatic Settlement Benefit:
What is an automatic settlement benefit?
This policy is designed to pay towards your deal if you become permanently or temporary disabled, contract a dread disease, of if you die up to a maximum of N$1 000 000
Who can have it?
Do you have a vehicle or asset finance deal? Are you over 21 and under 65? Are you in good health? Haven’t undergone treatment for any condition apart from minor ailments? Then an automatic settlement benefit is for you.
How does it work?
- If you become disabled, contract a dread disease, or die your automatic settlement benefit will immediately pay off all or part of your vehicle or asset finance
- A once-off upfront premium ensures a low rate and no premium increases
- The Plan gives you flexibility as you can choose which cover you prefer
- Plan A – death, disability and retrenchment
- Plan B – death, disability, retrenchment and dread disease
- Plan C – Death only
- Up to two people can be covered under one plan
- Any customer who has an bank account with any financial institution for longer than six months may apply
- Person who is over the age of 21 years
- Permanently employed
- Valid driver’s license
What do I need to apply?
Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch, or the Vehicle and Asset Finance team, with the following documentation and complete an application form:
- Proof of income
- Your last 6 months’ bank statements
- A copy of your identity document
- A valid driver’s license
- Proof of residence (KYC)
- Marriage certificate if married
- A quotation from an approved supplier
The Vehicle and Asset Finance team is situated on the 1st Floor of the Standard Bank Centre, Town Square Building in the Post street Mall, Windhoek
Consumer In-Branch Consultants (Windhoek):
Selly Izaaks: 061 294 2125
Tony Skrywer: 061 294 2124
Consumer In-Branch Consultants (Walvis Bay):
Gordon Mushindi: 064 205 903
Consumer Mobile Consultants (Windhoek):
Anthony Drotsky: 061 294 2680
Helany Howoses: 061 294 2776
Monty Muykale: 061 294 2110
Bernice Rudath: 061 294 2016
Flora Festus: 061 294 2127
Consumer Mobile Consultants (Walvis Bay)
Agnes van der Westhuizen: 064 209 724
Business In-Branch Consultants (Windhoek)
Nadia Liswaniso: 061 294 2013
Business Mobile Consultants (Windhoek)
Rezelle Swigelaar: 061 294 2132