MyUpdates is a free service that allows you to stay in touch with what's happening on your accounts through SMS or Email alerts. With MyUpdates you can take comfort in always knowing where your money is going. If you notice anything strange, like a payment or transfer you did not authorise, then you must call us immediately on 0819286 to prevent losing your money to a criminal.
- It can help you manage your finances because you’ll get alerts on, for example, when your salary is paid into your account and when a debit order goes through.
- It will help you easily identify if anyone is trying to steal money out of your account.
- It keeps you up to date with all your transactions on your accounts
- An alert message on a transactional account includes your actual balance and on credit card accounts your available balance.
How it works
When a MyUpdates alert comes through to you depends on whether the merchant is processing transactions in real time. This means that if they are online to us all the time the alert should come through immediately. If not, the alert will be delayed. So, you will not necessarily get an update immediately every time you swipe your card.
Transactions on which you get an immediate MyUpdates alert are:
- Purchases (if merchant is banking in real time)
- Inter-account transfers.
These transactions will always result in a delayed alert:
- Scheduled payments
- Purchases (if merchant is not banking in real time)
- Failed payments
- Reversed payments
How to register
Register for MyUpdates now
Call us on 0819286 or visit a Standard Bank branch near you to register.
*Terms and conditions apply