A virtual account that allows you to securely store, spend and save your funds
Features of BlueWallet
- Securely save funds
- Send money to anyone in Namibia with a registered mobile number
- Easily transfer funds from a Standard Bank account, MobiPay Kiosk or any Standard Bank Branch to a BlueWallet
- Issue a Blue Voucher: The issuer sends a Blue Voucher to a recipient. The recipient will receive the voucher number but for added security the PIN will be sent to the issuer who will forward it to the recipient. Funds can then be redeem at any Standard Bank ATM
- Register a Company Wallet
Benefits of BlueWallet
- Use the WiCode option to pay for goods at selected retailers (Shoprite, Checkers, Pick 'n Pay and Woermann Brock)
- Make balance enquiries and view recent transactions
- Pay for Value Added Services; Prepaid electricity, Rates and taxes (City of Windhoek and municipality of Walvis Bay), Prepaid airtime from MTC and TN Mobile, Pay for DStv, GOtv and BoxOffice
- Pay for MTC contract invoices
How to register for BlueWallet?
BlueWallet can be accessed anytime anf from anywhere, even from the comfort and safety of your own home using USSD or web application
BlueWallet is available on 2 platforms;
- USSD *140*6626#
- Web https://bluewallet.standardbank.com.na/client/login
Features of Blue Voucher
- Send money to a reciepint with a valid Namibian mobile number using Blue Voucher
- Using Blue Voucher the recipient can do cardless withdrawals at any Standard Bank ATM
The Company Wallet allows you to do bulk file uploads for example:
- Pay wages
- Send gift wallets
How to register for a Company Wallet?
- Visit your nearest branch and register for a Company Wallet
- Once your Company Wallet has been registered log onto https://bluewallet.standardbank.com.na/client/login to access your Wallet
- Upload a CSV file which contains recipients mobile numbers
- Ensure all recipients of the Wallet are registered for BlueWallet
- Once you issue a BlueWallet to a recipient they will receive a message stating that their Wallet has been credited
- To withdraw the funds the recipient will have to issue themselves a voucher (Using Internet Banking)
- Issue a Blue Voucher – Free
- Airtime purchases – Free
- Electricity purchases – Free
- Money transfers – N$2.50
- Other VAS payments – N$3.50
- WiCode – N$1.50
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What happens if I send money to an incorrect Cellphone number?
Please contact the Standard Bank Customer Contact Centre at 081 9286
2. What is the maximum balance on the BlueWallet?
The default balance is N$2 000 a month, but if you wish to transact more, you can visit your nearest Standard Bank branch and present them with the following documents:
- Identity Document
- Proof of Residence
- Latest Payslip
3. How can I access my BlueWallet?
You can access your BlueWallet through the following channels
- USSD (*140*6626#)
- Web (https://bluewallet.standardbank.com.na/client/login )
4. What services are available on my BlueWallet?
- Send Money – to any mobile number in Namibia
- Top-up Airtime – for MTC and TN Mobile
- Electricity – City of Windhoek, Rehoboth, NORED, ERONGORED and CENORED
- VAS Service – DSTV, GOTV, BoxOffice
- Get a Wicode – Pay for your goods at selected retailers
- Blue Voucher – cardless cash withdrawal at any Standard Bank ATM
- My account – Balance, Recent transaction, PIN change
5. Which retail stores accept the Wicode?
Shoprite, Checkers, Pick & Pay and Woermann Brock Stores
6. How do I put funds into my BlueWallet?
- Through Standard Bank Internet Banking
- Through any Mobipay Kiosk
- At retail stores – Pick & Pay, Checkers, Woermann Brock (more still coming)
- Standard Bank Branch
7. What if I do not have airtime to do an airtime top-up?
You will be able to do airtime top-up although you do not have airtime, you will not be charged the N$1.00 USSD session fee.
8. What are the fees that I will be charged?
- Issue a BlueVoucher – Free
- Airtime Purchases – Free
- Electricity Purchases – Free
- Money Transfers – N$2.50
- VAS Payments – N$3.50
- Wi-Code – N$1.50
9. How do perform a salary disbursement
- Go to your nearest Branch and register as a Company
- Go to https://bluewallet.standardbank.com.na/client/login
- Upload you .CSV file
- Ensure all recipients of the Blue Vouchers are all registered for the Blue Wallet.