If you are a full-time or part-time student studying at an institution that is accredited by the council of higher education, our student loans are designed for you. Our product provides a means of funding for tertiary education and may be used to pay for: Tuition fees, books, equipment and accommodation.
What it offers me?
- There is no minimum course duration for student loans. Short courses may be included provided the institution is accredited
- Lending limits are dependent on the course/year of study
- Access to a Standard Bank transaction account
Full-time and part-time students studying towards one of the following at an accredited institution:
- Graduate degree
- Postgraduate degree or diploma.
How do I apply?
Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch with the following documents:
Full time students:
- Valid Identity document
- Latest examination results
- Proof of registration at the institution or provisional admission
- Proof of cost of studies
- Proof of residential address water and electricity, which maybe in a form of a utility bill
Surety (parent or guardian):
- A valid identity document
- Proof of income
- Proof of residential address, which maybe in a form of a utility bill
- If you are not already a Standard Bank customer, we will require original bank statements for the last two months from another bank