An overdraft is a fluctuating loan facility that is individually tailored to meet the needs of Prestige and Private Banking customers who require short-term finance.
What does it offer me?
- An overdraft provides you with cash for unplanned expenses
- An overdraft will provide you with the comfort of knowing that you have instant access to extra cash for emergencies
- You can use as much of your agreed overdraft limit as you need whenever you need it
The total agreed limit is always available to you for use
- You only pay interest on the portion of your overdraft used in any given month.
- There is no monthly repayment required. Your salary should be deposit into your transactional account on a monthly basis
- You have the option of taking out insurance on your overdraft facility. This will give you peace of mind knowing that your loan will be settled in full in the event of disability, dreaded disease or death
- Have a Standard Bank Prestige and Private Banking current account that is older than six months
- Be a Namibian citizen
- Be 21 years or older
- Have an acceptable credit record and risk profile
- Earn a minimum gross monthly salary of at least N$20 000
What do I need to apply?
Visit your nearest Standard Bank branch with the following documentation:
- Proof of Income
- A valid identity document
- Proof of address, which may be in a form of a utility bill
Rates and fees
- There is a once off initiation fee charged to new overdraft facilities greater than N$500
- A monthly service fee will be charged if your overdraft limit is greater than N$500
- All fees charged are regulated by the National Credit Act and will not exceed the limits determined by the act